25 Years old young man working in restaurant as a manager came with complaints of three painful recurrent corns since 3 years. He needs to stand a lot as he was floor manager in five star hotel. He needs to stand at least 6-8 hours every day.
- Excessive forefoot pressure.
- Medial Arch- Pronounced Bilaterally
- Transverse arch- Reduced Bilaterally
- Subtalar Joint- Supinates statically & dynamically
- Corns- Three corns at 1st, 3rd & 5th Metatarsal heads
- Right- 8 Wide to Extra-wide
- Left- 7 Extrawide
DIAGNOSIS- Corns with Pes Cavus foot type
Following are the reasons for corns in this case,
- Week Transverse arch had increased fore foot pressure.
- Both the foot sizes are different (Left foot is smaller than right)
He was wearing US 9 size shoes which was medium width. Left foot was sliding more inside the shoes resulted in more friction & corns.
- Treatment started with targeting to offload the corn area.
- Prescribed ready to wear orthotic footwear with metatarsal; raise for home wear.
- Given Medium Density prefabricated custom orthotics (Bio-Advance insole) to use in his formal shoes.
Follow Up: After 15 Days
Corns are not hurting anymore when he wears corrections. Also recommended wide width formal shoes.
After three months corns healed completely.
After five months: even marks of the corn disappear.
"I came to V-Care Clinic about year back. In lot of pain & frustration ailing with three corns in my left sole. I had consulted with three doctors, endless trial & errors done. One of doctor even advised for surgery. One day magically I came across V-Care clinic on Google. After few hours of research on Podiatry. I decided very apprehensively to visit.
The first visit was what changed everything!!
The analysis & prescription of my problem by Dr. Sarika & Dr. Vilas was amazing. I am sure Sherlock Homes would be surprised. The warmth & the dedication is second to none. The meticulous explanation of the problem & its cure is commendable. I wish the V-Care team all the best & hope their quest of relieving people from pain goes on forever.
I cannot express my gratitude in words to Dr. Sarika & Dr. Vilas"